Wednesday, February 1, 2012

AND THE YEAR BUILDS!

Starting Song: Let Go-Frou Frou

And I am back! Been feelin pretty busy lately!

First off, yesterday I got to do a script read thru for the comedy/horror "Attacked on Set". Even though it is not paid, I will be taking the role because the script is hilarious as well as, I love my character! I will be playing the Director and this role will definitely show my range as an actor. And I was chosen because I kicked so much ass at my audition! Which a lot s on my shoulders for this role, because he shows the biggest arc out of all the characters! So I am pretty excited about that. Also, being that it is an hour drive away from me, not only did they offer me the option to either crash at the office or the directors basement, but I am also trying to talk about a possible deferred payment!

Ok so next, after that project, I am jumping aboard a feature for a bit till mid April as a 2nd AD. I am so glad that I was given a high recommendation, because the acting gig overlaps this gig for a couple days. Luckily, they are willing to work around that and have someone to cover me until I come in AND ROCK THE SHIT OUT OF THE POSITION!

Then, I do not have the details yet but I am still waiting on the details for the NY gig that I got cast in this Spring. I am like on the edge of my seat everyday waiting to hear what is going on with the film! I JUST WANNA KNOW THE DEAL!! Plus it would help to know when they want to film exactly to help with planning other gigs! I DON'T! want to double book!

INTERJECTION!!!! I REALLY DIG THE SONG SPIDERSONG BY SAY ANYTHING!!!!

Anyways, yesterday besides the read thru was a pretty intense morning! I was woken up by my dog. Now, my dad had left her out, which he has done before he went to work but her bark just sounded weird. Well anyways, I tiredly walked over to the door to let her in and she ran in and started running around. But my eyes didn't follow her running around. They were fixated on a bunch of blood on the porch..... I stepped out and looked around for a second and seen blood on the door. Then I was like WTF and walked back inside to see bloody footprints tracked through the entire house. The my dog Sophie comes running downstairs wagging her tail all happy and what not. And I notice the blood all over her paws so I brought her into the bathroom to clean her up and see what had happened. I took a towel and whipped a bunch of blood off of her paws and one paw in particular. Well, I figured she cut her self and besides a little bit of a bloody footprint I figured she was fine but left her in the bathroom and went to investigate, while calling my mom. I noticed, by the bloody footprints, that she had squeezed out of the pen and was wandering around. And there was a blood tracks everywhere and on every one of the doors. My mom had gotten home at this point and we walked into the bathroom and there was blood all over the floor and inside the bathtub. In a couple spots almost looked like pools of blood. So we wrapped her foot and took her to the vet. Come to find out she had a nickel sized hole around her paw that puncture a vein, which is why the blood didn't clot and kept bleeding. So she had to go into surgery. $300 dollars later she was out, all drugged out and her paw all wrapped. Well, today rolls around and her paw looks ridiculously swollen. So we take her back to the vet to get looked at and the vet put her bandage on too tight, which is why her paw was overly swollen. He the proceeded to tell my mom that that was the worst injury he has seen because it was SO deep. And luckily she barked when she did because I prolly would have slept for another hour longer. The vet said if I did she would have died.


BUT ON A LIGHTER NOTE...LETS SEE WHATS IN THE STUMBLE UPON BAG!
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1HtngT/www.wimp.com/dubstepgroup/

Another thing I did was meet up with a couple film friends Tony Tale, Ashley Gray and Brittany Chanel and worked on material for my demo reel as well as an audition. Audition for what? Well, they are bringing back the show IN LIVING COLOR!





Lets see, what else....I had someone ask me to to come take pictures of her and her kids because she liked my photography. I am talking to another production about doing work with them in the future. I will be talking to another friend of mine about directing a music video soon. Hopefully, not during the time I will be working on something else. Then comedian and jack of all trades, TONY TALE, will want to do some filming with me shortly. As well as hopefully sitting down and discussing details of recording a CD! WHAT ELSE CAN I GET GOING????????


ON TO THE LIST!!!!!!

THINGS THAT ARE COMPLETED ARE IN RED
THINGS I COMMENT ON ARE IN BLUE...SOME WILL STAY THE SAME...OTHERS WILL CHANGE!

 1.Record a CD
-Sent a message to my buddy asking if we can possibly start recording soon! Waiting to hear back. Yea I dont have a full album written yet but lets start getting it going!
2. Collaborate musically with a few other artists.
-Definitely will complete it with the CD.
3. Work on at least 3 feature films as a PA, AD or if I'm lucky Director.
-Will be working as a 2nd AD on the feature film "CELEB", the working title. 
4. Work on at least 2 short films.
5. Work on at least 3 TV shows.
-SyFy's Haunted Collector
6. Work on at least 2 commercials/music videos.
-Gotta touch base with my contacts about this one!
7. Work on at least 2 projects as an actor.
-Will be one of the leads in 'BLOOD ABDUCTIONS' in NY this Spring. Then will have a bigger role in the feature 'Attacked on Set' at the end of the month.
8. Write 2 shorts.
-Wrote 2 couple minutes shorts. Hopefully will be able to film them soon!
9. Collaborate on writing 1 feature film script.
-Possibly might do that soon-ish. Still talking about it
10. Get one job out of state.
-SyFy gig was out in Ohio!! Yea, not that far but still regardless out of state!
11. Have 1 trip to another country.
-Still at a standstill until I build up money!
12. Do more Youtube Videos.
-Did a video about Nutella! People seemed to love it! Also, have another Jimmy video written and will be coming shortly!
13. Publish some of my poetry.
-Still got another month or to before I find out if my poems I submitted get used, If not they will be published in my EBOOK.
14. Post any/all photography.
-Will go through any pictures I have see if any can be edited to be posted.
15. Do more photography.
-Misplaced charger. Can't start taking pictures until I find that. 
16. Learn a new program.
-Looking forward to whichever editing program I get to start learning!
17. Switch Banks.
-CREDIT UNION INSTEAD!
18. Save more money.
-Requires making money first. lol 
19. Pay off credit card debt.
-Working on it!
20. Get in better shape
-Gotta get P90X all situated to start!
21. NETWORK!
-All day, errr day!
22. Hang out with more friends.
-Have been doing good with this one!
23. Visit L.A.
-If I can get the money to go out there, I already have a couch to crash on for a little bit!
24. Create an EBOOK
-Was encouraged to definitely do this one!
25. Create a Blog.
-COMPLETED!! 
26.Meditate
-Did this once since I started the blog....COME ON JOE!






Alright, so that is all I got for my blog. Ohh, so being things are slow financially right now if anyone has any idea whatsoever as to how I can make some income for a tad bit, something to just bring something in to get me by, please feel free to share! The life of a struggling artist can be pretty damn rough, but I can give up on my dream and passion! We are all in this together one way or another. And if you don't think you we are, then you wouldnt even be reading this blog! 


Cheers!


Ending Song: Word Up-Cameo


-=-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment